Thursday, April 23, 2009

Book Club


I’m off to “book club #1” (I’m lucky to be in two clubs so I conveniently call them BC1 and BC2). We read The White Elephant by Aravind Adiga and I’m bringing a bottle of Chablis as a gift. No, not a jug of white wine that you might recall seeing gathering dust on the shelves of your local liquor store, but a bottle of the good stuff, that is just as good (if not better if you know what to look for) as Chardonnay.

It’s going to be 80 degrees today, so bringing a bottle of chilled Chablis will be delightful.

Today’s wine selection is J. Moreau & Fils. The wine is a vintage 2006 made from 100% Chardonnay grapes (also called Beaunois – I looked this up) and under $20. What I have found fascinating with Chablis is that true Chablis is the purest representation of Chardonnay. Chablis is the name of a medieval city and the wine region (between Paris and Beaune). I did not know. The bottle we had a while ago was fresh and light with a compelling citrus blend and I’m certain this will be one of the bottles that we will drink tonight. I’ll report back tomorrow.

WineyJanet is all about finding good wines for a fair price that those of us “ordinary” people who love a glass a wine for the purpose of drinking wine can enjoy. Please don’t drink and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment