Friday, May 8, 2009

A New Favorite


Last night we enjoyed a great bottle of wine from Rodney Strong. It was a 2006 Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon. It is a new release and under $20. The color of this wine is dark. The aromas we could pick out included blackberry, cherry, and cocoa. The tannins were lush and mature. Darin has always liked Rodney Strong. We have not had it in a while (because he was trying to tell me that I did not like their wine) but he bought one yesterday and I had to eat my words (that I don’t recall saying). We went back today and picked up a few more bottles. This is a great cabernet sauvignon and will be good over the next several years.

WineyJanet is all about finding good wines for a fair price that those of us “ordinary” people who love a glass a wine for the purpose of drinking wine can enjoy. Please don’t drink and drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment